My T480 comes with a low-brightness FHD panel, and I recently upgraded the T480 from the original FHD screen to WQHD B140QAN02.3 (00NY681). I purchased the panel for $149 and WQHD cable. In fact, in addition to B140QAN02.3, T480 can also use LG’s LP140QH2-SPB1 (00NY664).
Here’s the link of these two screens
Steps to replace the LCD screen
1. Turn off the notebook and unplug the charger and other external devices.
2. Press the power button, then press F1 to enter the BIOS. In the BIOS, find the power option, then click “Config” and then select “Disable Built-in battery.”
3. Close the notebook and place it face down, loosening the 6 screws from the bottom cover. Starting from the back, use the plastic pry tool to pry the bottom panel off from the notebook.
4. Disconnect the battery cable from the motherboard.
5. Using the pry tool or nail, open the front bezel on the screen from the bottom. I used a small screwdriver to help me push out the clip.
6. Use a hair dryer to loosen the adhesive on the medium around the screen and lift the LCD bezel from the screen.
7. Remove the 4 screws that secure the FHD panel to the LCD back cover. Place the screen on the keyboard and disconnect the screen
8. loosen 2 screws that hold the hinge to LCD back cover. Turn the laptop over, remove the LCD FHD 30-pin cable from the motherboard
9. Attach LCD QHD 40-pin cable to LCD and securing it with clip. Thread the other end through the hinge and to the motherboard.
10 Screw hinges back down to LCD lid, and install other parts to your laptop.
On youtube, you can find a video to replace the LCD screen, but I didn’t find it at the time.